LCDC Meets on Coastal Issues
The second day of the November meeting of the Land Conservation and Development Commission (LCDC) takes place on Friday, Nov. 19, at 8:30 a.m. The two-day meeting takes place online.
For the full agenda, go here.
The Friday, Nov. 19 session has more of direct interest where the coast is concerned. The second item of the day concerns the development of a new state guidebook on coastal erosion control practices. LCDC will also consider the Oregon Global Warming Commission’s Natural and Working Lands Carbon Proposal, which includes consider “blue carbon” sequestering by marshes, tidal forests, and other coastal lands.
Finally, the last item of the day in the afternoon concerns the decision as to whether to intervene on the side of Oregon Shores and Surfrider in our appeal of a Tillamook County decision to allow shoreline armoring which threatens Goal 18. For more on this, see our article:
LCDC provides these instructions for participating:
- If you do not intend to testify, please view the virtual meeting here,
2) If you do not have access to a computer, a telephone option is available:
(888) 683-5191 (Toll Free) or (855) 880-1246 (Toll Free)
Webinar ID: 872-8510-3075
3) If you intend to testify, please pre-register here so that we have your name in the queue:
4) If you intend to testify, please join by Zoom - Thursday, Friday or both.
Webinar link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87285103075?pwd=UmdFNk5iK1pqYmd0YXZ4RmlFSDZUQT09
5) If you intend to testify, and do not have access to a computer, please call Esther Johnson before Tuesday,
November 16, 2021. Phone participants will be able to enter the testimony queue the day of the meeting by
For more information about the meeting, contact, Esther Johnson, Commission Assistant, (503) 383-8911 or [email protected].