CoastWatch Orientation- Evening
CoastWatch Programs Director Jesse Jones hosts a CoastWatch Orientation on Wednesday, May 3, at 6 p.m. These online sessions are for new CoastWatch volunteers looking for information on getting started and any current CoastWatch volunteers looking for more information or to refresh their knowledge.
In these meetings, she will cover the following:
- How to fill out and submit reports
- Best practices for uploading photos
- Contact information for local beach rangers
- How to be a keen observer
- What to do when you encounter extra large beach debris
- Opportunities to join citizen or community science projects
This will be an excellent opportunity to ask general questions and get to know and offer helpful tips to other CoastWatch volunteers. When possible, Oregon State Parks Beach Rangers and District Managers will be present to answer questions about beach regulations and more.
This event is free and open to all CoastWatchers. Register here for the Zoom link.
Future orientations will be held every other month, on the first Wednesday, at noon and 6 p.m.
Not a CoastWatch Volunteer yet? Learn more about adopting a mile.