-- Aug 12 Links to Federal and Oregon government agencies and partnerships
||United States Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, USFS|
Established in 1905, the Forest Service is an agency of the U.S. Department of Agriculture. The Forest Service manages public lands in national forests and grasslands.
Gifford Pinchot, the first Chief of the Forest Service, summed up the mission of the Forest Service — "to provide the greatest amount of good for the greatest amount of people in the long run."
||National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, NOAA|
• National Environmental Satellite, Data and Information Service
• National Marine Fisheries Service
• National Ocean Service
• National Weather Service
• Oceanic and Atmospheric Research
• Marine and Aviation Operations
||Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife, ODF&W|
ODFW's mission is to protect and enhance Oregon's fish and wildlife and their habitats for use and enjoyment by present and future generations.
||Oregon Department of Geology & Mineral Industries, DOGAMI|
DOGAMI is Oregon's major source of information to help Oregonians understand and prepare for the vast array of natural hazards that accompany the state's spectacular geology. Mapping the state's varied geology and natural hazards is a primary function of the agency. The department also regulates surface mining, in addition to oil, gas and geothermal resource exploration.
||Oregon Department of Land Conservation and Development, DLCD|
Our purpose is to guide land use policy to:
- Foster livable, sustainable development in urban and rural communities
- Protect farm and forest lands and other natural resources
- Conserve coastal and ocean resources
- Improve the well-being and prosperity of citizens, businesses and communities throughout Oregon
||Ocean Policy Advisory Council, OPAC|
The seven state agencies represented on the Ocean Policy Advisory Council include almost all agencies with direct authority over management, policy, or programs that affect the marine environment.
- Department of State Lands, DSL
- Economic & Community Development Department, ECDD
- Water Resources Department -- Maps
- Department of Geology and Mineral Industries
- Department of Forestry, ODF
- Department of Energy
- Department of Environmental Quality, DEQ
||Oregon Department of Parks and Recreation, ODP&R|
The mission of the Parks and Recreation Department is to provide and protect outstanding natural, scenic, cultural, historic and recreational sites for the enjoyment and education of present and future generations. They also offer some excellent maps.
||Oregon Department of State Lands, DSL|
The mission of the Department of State Lands is to ensure a legacy for Oregonians and their public schools through sound stewardship of lands, wetlands, waterways, unclaimed property, estates and the Common School Fund.